Thursday, January 10, 2008

In the Bahamas, Mon

We made it! After a 10 hour crossing starting out in the pitch black in Miami's No Name Harbor, we crossed the Gulf Stream and made it to Gun Cay yesterday, where we anchored to recover. Wayne was heroic, I was nauseous. We lived. Today we are in the lovely Cat Cay Marina, tied up to a slip and loving life. It is BEAUTIFUL. Two days across the Grand Bahama Bank and we should be in Cubb Cay. From there Nassau and a few days later, Georgetown. We'll be back online in a week or so. LIFE IS GREAT!

2 comments:

pete said...

Congratulations! I made the crossing 10 years ago with our mutual friends Claude and his wife Kathy. My boat is a 35' Alberg very much like yours same builder (Pearson) and I think perhaps the same designer. (Carl Alberg) great boats. I hope you enjoy Georgetown as much as my wife and I did. Be sure to stay for the Family Regatta the whole week is a blast.
Pete from "Golden Rule"

Unknown said...

Hello Isabel and Wayne,
Life is great for you. Enjoy your cruising. Claude and I certainly did. The Exumas are fabulous! My favourite spots were Staniel Cay, Shroud Cay with visits to Camp Driftwood, and of course, Georgetown. Our basic rules were to wait for weather, plan 2 moves ahead, when in doubt stay out and take the time to stop and enjoy.
I wish you few fronts with safe and happy sailing.
Cathy