Monday, December 10, 2007

Heavenly Celeste


I thought I would take this opportunity to post a picture of Celeste! She has been a sweet and bubbly addition to our gang of boat mongrels, always excited and upbeat. Her enthusiasm for the beach was not diminished at all by the red tide, and her parents will have a devil of a time trying to avoid it. She and I played cards at anchor in the swamps of Georgia and discussed things that are of great importance to 9-year olds. This is far less taxing than editing college-level political science papers. It is always uplifting to see her cute little smile and touseled hair. She is like the Energizer Bunny - in constant motion and near-constant sound. Although captivating, I am now enjoying the benefits of being able to say, "I'm sorry I have to go, sweetie" and hand her back over to her folks. They really have to be slightly crazy to live on a sailboat with a small child. Dogs, children, and the like are too challenging on boats for my taste.

1 comment:

stella said...

hi you guys, it was minus 4 this am and so i needed a story from a warmer climate as i sipped on coffee... yours is a great one!!! thanks for warmth and entertainment and education too! now i have to put on ten thousand layers of clothing! hope your having a good day today! xxxoooostella
rustico@netscape.com